PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE.
Responsible for assisting with troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repairs in residential building and surrounding, emergency, property & apartment turnover, and routine maintenance for multiple buildings. Assist in posting/writing notices and providing a quality living environment for the residents, and working to establish a positive, productive work relationship with the Property Manager.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic Janitorial, stocking supplies and cleaning daily.
- Responsible for the minor to major, after hours/emergency work orders
- Dusting, sweeping, mopping & /or vacuuming floors
- Basic/light HVAC, plumbing, electrical & appliance repair
- Basic/light Masonry, carpentry, painting, and any other preventive general repairs
- Clean office, laundry rooms, and property
- Clean dumpster and area, also power washing
- Conduct property walks, pick up all litter, and check for health and safety issues
- Maintain inventory of tools, equipment, parts & supplies & inform supervisor(s) of shortage
- Oversees vendors, while on-site as needed
- Shampooing carpets/rugs and waxing floors
- Resolving tenant issues, parking towing, etc.
- Notifying management of need repairs
- Assisting team with vacant unit turnovers when time permits
- Assist with preparation and posting of notices, lease violations, incident reports, 24hr entry notices, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be available for on-call services.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with two years related experience
- Must have a CA Driver’s license, clean driving record, and pass a background check.
- Technical proficiency in the use of common hand tools, power tools, electrical diagnostic equipment, and other tools used in general maintenance and repair work.
- Must be able to function in an independent environment.
- Experience working with chemicals and cleaning compounds such as bleach, ammonia, alcohol, glycerin, ammonium chloride, and propane. Knowledge of mixing /quantities for creating cleaning solutions and liquids for use in everyday surface cleanups.
- Knowledge of mixing/quantities for creating solutions and liquids for use in everyday surface cleanups
- Ability to comprehend instructions, read and write short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to communicate (speak, read and write) in English in order to maintain safety in
- the workplace and serve internal and external customers
- Ability to regularly lift to 75 lbs.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Benefits of joining the HomeFirst team:
- Professional growth opportunities within the organization
- 100% medical coverage for employees with an opportunity to add dependents at a shared cost
- 401k match up to 4%
- 11 observed Holidays
- Generous PTO, accrual begins with 120 hours annually and increase with tenure
- 4 hours of Community Engagement are provided annually
- Access to our Emergency Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Pet Insurance options are available
About HomeFirst Services:
Established in 1980, with 40+ years of experience, we are the premier Silicon Valley provider of homelessness services. We believe that everyone has the potential to get housed and stay housed. We relentlessly focus on eliminating barriers to housing and creating stability for everyone we serve.
HomeFirst Services serves more than 6,000 adults, veterans, families, and young adults each year at multiple locations from Gilroy to Menlo Park – all of Santa Clara County as well as southern San Mateo County.
- Homelessness prevention
- Emergency and cold-weather shelters
- Comprehensive Veterans’ Services
- Rapid Rehousing programs
- Bridge Housing Communities
- Emergency Interim Housing
- Affordable permanent housing
- Permanent Supportive housing
- Street-based outreach
HomeFirst Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Additionally, HomeFirst Services participates in the E-Verify program, as required by law.
HomeFirst Services is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.