Note: Casual non-benefited employees are limited to working no more than twenty-five (25) hours per week and no more than 900 hours in a fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
Recreation Services Division has multiple program lead staff openings across many recreation programs and activities. We serve youth, adults and older adults and have opportunities for flexible working hours (i.e., morning, after school, evenings, lunch time, weekends, etc.). Individuals may choose to work one assignment or multiple assignments and flexible work hours are possible to accommodate school schedules and/or other commitments.
Essential Job Functions:
May include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and lead activities such as arts & crafts, sports & games, health & fitness
- Supervise participants, volunteers and program support staff during programs/activities
- Take attendance and administer/organize other paperwork and forms as needed
- Issue, maintain and store equipment and supplies
- Suggest and develop activities as appropriate to enhance program/activity
- Interact and communicate effectively with children, parents, caregivers, volunteers and City staff
- Ensure the safety and well-being of program participants, support staff and volunteers
- Responsible for program staff development, training and supervision (i.e. staff meetings)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Two (2) years or two summers (2) of experience in specific program area (recreation, after school, health & fitness) or population (youth, adults, older adults, special population) identified above
- Experience interacting with the public
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Experience with staff/volunteer supervision or support
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a valid CA Class C driver's license and a safe driving record
- Bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin or Farsi
- Willingness to obtain First Aid/CPR Certification (paid training)
- College courses in education, social service, recreation, human services, etc.
- Experience working directly with the public in a recreation or education setting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a completed application, supplemental questions, and resume to Human Resources Department. City of Sunnyvale employment paper application can be downloaded from the City's employment page; go to Sunnyvale.ca.gov, Search: Jobs.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.