Coast Personnel Services is seeking for Warehouse Associates with a non-profit organization in San Jose, CA
Swing Shift 1pm to 9:45pm (45 minutes lunch)
Forklift experience $22/hr.
No Forklift experience $20/hr.
About the Position
The Warehouse Associate ensures that all food and non-food products are received, stored and handled in a safe, accurate and efficient manner and made accessible for distribution.
- Operate all Warehouse Equipment
- Unload and load trucks/trailers/donor’s vehicles, store food and rotate stock in preparation for storage and distribution; and
- Pick, palletize and load product onto vehicles in advance of delivery.
- Assist the Warehouse Manager in planning placement and organization of warehouse stock in accordance with inventory standards.
- Assist in the timely creation and maintenance of accurate and complete product records supporting picking, shipping, receiving and inventory activities. Participate in daily, weekly the end-of-month cycle counts and mid-year and year-end physical inventories, as directed by the Warehouse Manager.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, orderly warehouse and outside storage area. As instructed by the Warehouse Manager, direct volunteers to assist in accomplishing assignments.
- Perform inspection and cleaning of assigned warehouse equipment daily. Report any issues with equipment and document daily. Any and all safety issues must be reported immediately to the Manager/supervisor on duty.
- Perform duties in accordance with company safety policies.
- Assist staff with other Operations Department responsibilities as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following professional qualifications:
- Forklift experience and the ability to obtain forklift certification.
- Basic knowledge of food storage, handling and distribution procedures.
- Basic knowledge of inventory control processes and procedures.
- Valid California driver’s license and a clean DMV printout - preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to safely operate all types of warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts and dock levelers.
- Exert force and/or lift or carry items weighing twenty (20) to one hundred (100) pounds occasionally, and up to fifty (50) pounds frequently.
- Up to 2/3 of the time: walk; sit; squat; bend; twist; reach at various heights above and below shoulder level.
- Up to 1/3 of the time: push or pull; lift or carry large, heavy, awkward objects while maneuvering in a confined space, e.g., narrow aisles, high density storage areas, inside of a truck box, etc.; ascend or descend flights of stairs; climb in or out of trucks, docks and/or forklifts.
- Work inside freezers and coolers with a temperature range of –10 degrees F. to 38 degrees
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.