Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement and a comprehensive Scholarship Program, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
Hope Services is currently hiring Job Coaches for our renowned Community Employment Services program. The Job Coach provides individualized service to Hope Services clients to assess and remediate personal and social barriers, which inhibit success in community settings. May also provide job-site training and intervention as assigned for Hope Services clients placed in community employment settings and work closely with clients and employers to determine job training goals and ongoing success. Assures quality of services provided are consistent with Hope Services mission and values.
Principle Responsibilities of the Job Coach:
1. Provides needed supports to assure client success in employment placements. Evaluation, training, goal setting and follow-up services for successful job retention.
2. Acts as a liaison with the employer, providing training and supports, consultation on employment related issues for success of long term employment.
3. Acts as a program monitor to assigned clients, provides advocacy and referrals as needed. Assists clients with accommodations and ADA related issues.
4. Complies with employer policies and procedures while assigned to their locations.
5. Represents the Agency in the community. Maintains a professional relationship with family members, employers, and funding sources.
6. Completes all required reports and documentation, maintains complete and accurate case files, conducts annual and semi-annual meetings, prepares individualized service plans.
7. Assures compliance with Agency and departmental safety and confidentiality standards.
8. Works independently in the community, develops and implements instructional plans, social skill training and provides interventions as needed.
9. Works in a variety of settings and assignments as needed to accommodate changing needs and or requests by contracting employers, including hours of work and location.
10. Performs task analysis and time studies for wage evaluations as required by DOL.
11. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
12. May perform other duties as assigned to assure the efficiency of the program.
Minimum Qualifications for the Job Coach position:
The Job Coach should possess a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent plus one year of related experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the Job Coach position:
1 Ability to understand and relate to individuals with disabilities, their families, the community and HOPE personnel.
2. Flexibility in scheduling of work hours, location and type of assignments within the greater service region.
3. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a team member with all Employment Services staff as well as with the client and employers.
5. Ability to teach good work habits and social skills to individuals with developmental disabilities in a variety of settings.
6. Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational and record keeping skills, and good independent judgment.
7. Basic computer knowledge.
8. Ability to perform all duties associated with time study development
9. Knowledge and commitment to the principles and concepts of normalization.
10. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and prioritization of tasks.
11. Ability to transport self and clients to multiple employer locations as needed.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.