Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement and a comprehensive Scholarship Program, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
Provides support and leadership for consumers to participate in activities and receive services in community settings. Activities and services are defined by the consumer and his or her Person Centered Plan and Individualized Personal Plan.
The following are the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out these functions:
1. Provide group and/or individual support in the community as identified in the consumer’s Individualized Personal Plan.
2. Develop opportunities for consumers to participate as valued and contributing members of the community. Facilitate and model interactive relationships with community members.
3. Facilitate and develop activities to build relationships, skills, and experience in the community. Travel with and/or transport client throughout the local community.
4. Develop and expand consumer participation in typical and generic community activities chosen by the consumer.
5. Act as advocate on behalf of consumers served.
6. Complete required forms and accountability documentation, incident reports, case recordings, IPPs and other required documentation.
7. Maintain a professional relationship with consumers, family members and appropriate others. Represent HOPE in the community in a professional manner.
8. Implement behavioral intervention plan when needed to assure consumer safety and promote learning.
9. Coordinates consumer programming with Center’s activities, services, and staff.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. Perform other duties as assigned, to assure efficiency of program services.
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent, plus two years of related experience or an approved combination of experience and education.
Possession of a valid California driver’s license and clear driving record.
Required Knowledge and Skills
1. A belief that all people are valued members of the community.
2. An understanding of the principles of normalization and commitment to community integration.
3. Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of the team.
4. Excellent communication and documentation skills including use of computerized word program and data base.
5. Knowledge and understanding of alternative communication systems and assistive technology.
6. CPR and First Aid certification.
7. Positive and cooperative attitude toward a consumer driven service system working with developmentally disabled adults.
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and work in a consumer driven environment
9. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with a diverse population.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.