The Delivery Driver's role is to provide the best service through efficient route planning, to use safe lifting techniques, and always practice defensive driving skills. The driver will work from our San Leandro facility to gather supplies, and deliver in the South Bay geographical areas, and occasionally Gilroy and Santa Cruz.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make assigned stops to pick up materials from suppliers or to pick up and deliver orders to customers in the South Bay areas which may include San Carlos, Palo Alto, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, San Jose, Campbell, Fremont, and occasionally Santa Cruz and Gilroy.
- Upon return to the worksite, notify the manager of Customers' requests and concerns.
- Obey all traffic regulations. Maintain a current valid driver’s license.
- Make only assigned, scheduled stops as designated by Dispatch.
- During customer visits, the Delivery Driver may be required to stock paper, toner and check machines to verify meter readings, supplies, and remove garbage and used toner cartridges.
- Some job sites may require the driver to wait for the customer for instructions.
- Stock supplies.
- The successful candidate must enjoy speaking with customers.
- Driver is required to stay alert and attentive, and never under the influence of any drug, alcoholic beverage, stimulants or depressives.
- Check the condition of assigned vehicle daily prior to operating vehicle.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Maintain communications with dispatch via two-way cellular phone
- Protect from damage or loss all customer orders and originals in your possession.
- Plan the delivery routes in a logical order of stops
- Review deliveries for accuracy and compare to customer invoice.
- Operate company vehicle in a safe, responsible manner
- Load and unload deliveries
- Deliver orders, obtain customer signatures and file in alphabetical order upon return to company.
- Attend defensive driver classes & complete company safety training according to company policy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Current valid driver's license and safe driving record
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least one year related experience and/or training.
- Desire to meet customer requested turnaround times.
- Able to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
- Willing to work reasonable overtime when needed to meet customer demands and shop goals.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, resourcefully with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated experience in developing strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to lift and or move items up to 50 pounds, with or without accommodation
ARC Document Solutions offers all comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with a match, company paid life insurance, ESPP, and an array of voluntary benefits which include STD, LTD, Voluntary Life, and more.
Includes Sign-on Bonus.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.