How You’ll Contribute
- Method optimization, including molecular biology and overall workflow, NGS library prep, and nucleic acid amplification
- Independently executes various molecular biology assays and experiments
- Independently collects and analyzes data; communicates findings to scientific teams
- Spends most of their working hours in the lab (90% lab work, 10% desk work)
- Works in a multidisciplinary environment comprising biochemists, molecular biologists, and engineers to drive toward company goal
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS or MS degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, biophysics, chemistry, or a closely related field.
- BS plus 4+ years or an MS plus 2+ years of hands-on experience working in a molecular biology wet lab environment post-graduation is a must.
- Must be proficient and comfortable with the safe use of common molecular biology lab equipment.
- Highly organized and has outstanding time/operation management abilities. Follows protocols and experimental instruction in greatest detail. Excellent communicator.
- Fast learner with a strong sense of urgency, a can-do attitude. Loves and thrives in a fast paced and demanding startup environment.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge with NGS is preferred.
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.