We are searching for motivated Associate Field Service Engineers to train for our Field Service Development Program!
Immerse yourself in a 6 month program at our San Francisco Bay Area headquarters to learn how to be a field service engineer at a cutting edge genomics startup before being placed at one of our many client sites in regions across the country. In the 6 months, you will work side by side with our Engineering, Operations, Research and Commercial groups to learn about our tool from end to end. You will not spend time behind a desk. You will get hands on training on our production line, engineering labs and in the field with our experts as we work together to launch the next big thing in genomics.
How You’ll Contribute
- Provide on-site service to one account, repair and/or installation of company instrumentation currently under development
- Review technical reports and documents from customers. Analyze issues with technical staff to find root cause and communicate next steps and timelines to customers
- Maintain records of tool configurations pertaining to hardware, software, consumables, and application releases
- Manage customer interface with research and development groups. Maintain a working relationship with customers and instill confidence and credibility in our company and product
- Exceed customer expectations of service, support, and the product under development
- Summarize and communicate issues to development engineers for triage and participate in root cause analysis investigations
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS in science or engineering
- Experience in electro-mechanical assembly, server installations, and instrumentation troubleshooting
- Skilled at interpreting technical documentation and schematics (Electrical, Wiring, Fluidic, and mechanical drawings)
- Ability to relocate to any US city at our client site, after our six-month program
- Good people skills with the ability to work independently and in a group
- Talented at building prototypes from preliminary drawings and schematics
- Meticulous and detail oriented. Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and multidisciplinary team
- Experience in biotech industry is a plus
- Ability to travel 50% of the time, when necessary
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.