Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
About the role
Plenty is looking for a Farm Operations Associate to join our Farm Operations team. In this role, you will assist in all aspects of indoor farming and food processing. Your skills and training will be applied to plant production in a modern, fast paced, high-technology hydroponic farm. You will be involved with our efforts aimed at optimizing all aspects of locally grown and packaged commercial produce using hydroponic indoor farming. Your role will include routine activities across a variety of stations, including plant handling, harvesting, farm operations information monitoring and collection of environmental and production data.
What you'll do
- Seeding, transplanting, and harvesting crops in a hands-on role
- Perform routine end of shift daily cleaning of the farm, farm equipment and work areas
- Assist in a broad range of farm operations activities including but not limited to plant monitoring, data collection, and inspecting for proper climate operations
- Lead with proper use of personal protection equipment, workforce safety and food safety practices
What you'll bring to the table
- Ability to practice safe work habits in a food safe work environment at all times
- Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time
- Strives to understand the details. Solid planning, detail oriented and organization skills
- Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries
- Can work in group or alone; oriented towards teamwork and the goals of the farm
- Ability to effectively document seeding, transplanting or harvesting activity accurately
- Maintains stable and professional performance under pressure or opposition
- Ability to effectively take direction and implement changes quickly
- Humble, teachable, team-player who is enthusiastic and hard-working
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and at times work in refrigerated environment
Type of role
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive wage
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical benefits after 90 days and in-office gyms
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new products in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill
- Sick leave & holidays; we offer 24 hours of sick leave and double pay for any holidays worked
Food safety requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All employees must show proof of COVID vaccination before starting work, other than in limited circumstances where the law requires an exception
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food safety and quality specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.