Staff level Mechanical Engineer position to create designs for Robotics for EV charging systems. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge robotic products. This is an early stage startup with a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. To be successful you need to be able to own the problem at hand and be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity.
• Integrate robot drive train using custom or stock components such as gear-motors, miniature gearboxes, bearings, slewing rings, ring gears, helical and flat springs, bearing seals, etc.,
• Creative synthesis of linkages and kinematic design to customize robot mechanics for EV application,
• Create designs that can withstand harsh environments,
• Interface with manufacturing house, bring up and debug electromechanical assemblies.
• Expert in kinematic synthesis of mechanisms,
• Expert in mechanical designs for harsh environments and ingress protected designs,
• Expert in complex wiring management using cable carriers,
• Basic understanding of FEA tools,
• In-depth understanding of structural materials for small machines including plastics, silicone, steel, aluminum etc.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Inventor,
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Working knowledge of Matlab, Python, C, C++.
• BS-ME or MS-ME with 5+ years of relevant experience in robotics or mechanical design for harsh environments.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.