Staff level Electronic Design Engineer position to create designs for Advanced EV charging systems. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge robotic products. This is an early stage startup with a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. To be successful you need to be able to own the problem at hand and be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity.
• Lead the electrical engineering efforts for implementing a multi-processor embedded platform for integrated control of charging robots and digital control of dc-dc converters. Work with consultants and other teams on power device selection, mechanical and thermal packaging. Lead the engineering efforts from concept to production, including design, prototyping, and manufacturing,
• Design coils and antenna to create and detect low frequency (LF) near-field EM patterns for 3D sensing,
• Design, analyze and bring circuit designs to the maturity. Create detailed schematics to hand off to PCB layout, manufacture and assembly house.
• Expert in sensor-rich microprocessor designs that include ADCs, DACs, control interfaces to servo motors or optic, magnetic and temperature sensors, op-amp design,
• Able to design dc-dc and ac-dc converters with and without isolation,
• Basics of antenna design and near-field EM patterns and what affects them,
• Able to create SPICE simulations and analyze design,
• Knowledge of best practices for PCB layouts, especially with respect to EMI, ESD and signal integrity,
• Basic firmware experience – able to get a PCB design working reliably from the ground up using common electrical, software or microprocessor debug tools,
• Knowledge of communication protocols like I2C, SPI, and MIPI,
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Experience with high-speed designs and best practices,
• Fundamentals of programming (C/C++), Matlab, OrCAD schematic capture.
• BS-EE or MS-EE with 5+ years of relevant experience in digital and analog electronics design.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.