Staff level Embedded Software Design Engineer position to create software for Advanced EV charging systems. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge robotic products. This is an early stage startup with a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. To be successful you need to be able to own the problem at hand and be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity.
• Architect and implement a multi-processor embedded system to interface - on one end with a vehicle and its driver and on the other end with a robot, a series of sensors such as camera and low-frequency antennas and a bank of dc-dc converters,
• Implement and optimize OpenCV API calls to extract 3D sensing information,
• Implement inverse kinematics, motor control, closed-loop control of constant voltage and current control of dc-dc converters,
• Maintain best practices in code repository and revision management,
• Participate in tasks such as hardware bring-up and debug.
• Vision processing using OpenCV, inverse kinematics, wifi stack, algorithm development, 3D sensing,
• Expert in embedded software design, development and debugging,
• Expert in coding in C/C++,
• Expert in RTOS or Embedded Linux,
• System level integration experience including open source packages such as OpenCV
• Expert in Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis,
• Experience with Linux development environment,
• In-depth knowledge Linux such as compiling and updating the kernel, applying patches. Good understanding to work with UEFI,
• Experience with real-time debugging tools such as “in-circuit emulator” (software and hardware),
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills of embedded systems,
• Board level experience,
• Knowledge of serial interface protocols like I2C, SPI, and MIPI-CSIx,
• USB programming for a small processor.
• B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related with 5+ years of relevant experience in embedded software.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.