The position of Capital Development Partnering Manager will be responsible for the expansion and management of new and existing relationships within the life science investment and startup communities. Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify and meet with prospective partners, Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors, and Family Offices, engaging them on the value of Biocom’s Capital Development Program
- Manage cultivation and governance of existing partnerships, ensuring a positive experience aligned with the values and goals of Biocom California
- Build and maintain relationships with member companies relative to their current funding and service needs
- Work internally with Capital Development Program Management to recruit, promote and source participants for program activities
- Manage and maintain Biocom California’s online partnering platform and associated databases to ensure a high level of engagement, completeness of company and investor profiles, and continuous improvement of the user experience
- Develop expertise and events related to public funding mechanisms (grants, SBIR, State initiatives) for the benefit our membership companies
- Draft, coordinate, and prepare briefing materials and presentations for executive use at board meetings and similar functions
- Create and maintain annual private and public funding publications by region
- Assist with Capital Development related events planning and execution
- Document member engagement around Capital Development initiatives in Salesforce
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Life Science or related field is required. MBA Preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience with partnership, alliance and/or business development management
- Experience with deal diligence, capitalization structuring and company valuation preferred
- Experience with Salesforce (or similar CRM systems)
- Knowledge of the development and approval processes for new drugs
- Knowledge of the investment process for life science companies
- Understanding of business development as it pertains to life science companies
- Show initiative to be self-motivated, innovative, and an independent thinker
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and prioritizing skills to meet numerous scheduled and unforeseen requests and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and deal with various interruptions throughout the day, while still performance necessary tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels inside and outside of the organization
- Effective skills in written and oral communication
- Exhibit a high level of handling confidential materials
- Be a team player.
At Biocom California, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as an organization and helps us to achieve our mission to accelerate life science success. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Biocom California is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact our members and the greater life science industry.
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.