To perform routine operations employing hydrogen furnaces and related equipment under moderate supervision and with defined procedures. The job requires the use of horizontal and vertical furnaces, metal rods, racks and trays, flow meters, optical pyrometers, electric timers, face masks, gloves, and other protective equipment.
• Operates horizontal and/or vertical type hydrogen furnaces and related equipment, for brazing various assemblies and fixtures.
• Performs routine operations under moderate supervision and following defined procedures.
• Uses Kardex files to cross reference job order instructions to ensure compatibility, bringing up variances to the attention of the supervisor.
• Maintains detailed records of procedures employed for each firing
• Uses tools and related equipment with competency
• Identifies problems and makes minor corrections to equipment malfunctions
• May perform simple mechanical adjustments
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• One (1) year of furnace or related assembly experience.
• Must have the ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
• Experience with manual production using hydrogen furnaces and brazing various materials.
• Ability to make required adjustments to ensure parts are processed correctly.
• Ability to interact with other team members in a cooperative and customer responsive environment.
• Must be able to safely handle heavy and odd shape parts, fixtures and sub-assemblies.
• Must be able to lift 5 – 25 pounds, 5 to 7 times per day.
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends, as necessary.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.