The Accounts Payable Analyst performs accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions in a manufacturing and retail environment in accordance with established accounting policies and procedures. This position supports the organization in performing accrued receipts to vendor statement reconciliations, preparing journal entries for accrued expenses, and reconciling assigned general ledger accounts on a monthly basis. The Accounts Payable Analyst also answers any inquiries from vendors and internal customers to resolve issues accordingly.
- Processes vendor invoices and vouchers for payment in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring proper documentation and authorization in accordance with company accounting procedures and policies.
- Processes vendor credits and matching return to vendor (RTV) paperwork provided by Procurement and Shipping department.
- Reviews and reconciles accrued receipts to vendor statement and communicates with the Procurement department all invoice discrepancies, as well as resolve invoice discrepant issues with vendors.
- Reviews general ledger (GL) coding and works with cost center manager to accurately code supplier invoices and monthly accruals.
- Processes and records pre-paid expenses; reconciles assigned general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepares journal entries for accrued expense, as well as adjustment entries to correct posting errors.
- Reconciles vendor statements, along with accrued receipts reporting.
- Researches past due statements/invoices from vendors. Assists vendors and other departments regarding status of payments.
- Manages vendor relationships by building effective partnerships.
- Assists with month-end, quarterly, and year-end closing of the General Ledger.
- Provides general accounting support, including filing, opening, sorting, scanning, and distributing mail, as well as files paid vouchers.
- Covers key team member tasks during periods when any team members are away from the office.
- Assists with various special projects as assigned by management.
- All See’s staff must be committed to the company’s core principles and workplace values, including diversity and inclusion.
- Three to five-years’ experience in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Experience related to a manufacturing and/or retail environment.
- Knowledge of Workday Financials highly preferred.
- Knowledge of accounts payable functions related to invoice processing.
- Advanced personal computer skills including MS Excel spreadsheet and MS Word processing software; 10-key by touch.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills; strong analytical skills; excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Detail-oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks and strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and manage change efficiently, proactively and in a positive manner.
See's is an EOE
See’s will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance #131192 and Los Angeles Municipal Code 189.00).
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.