What’s the Role?
We are looking for TWO highly motivated, organized, customer-oriented, and technologically savvy professionals to take on the role of Customer Service Representative. You will join a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, providing customer assistance and performing payment processing within the Revenue Division of the Finance and Administrative Services Department. The Customer Service Representative will assist customers at the public counter by receiving money charged by the City for various fees and services and to make proper initial accounting entries; respond to customer inquiries in a professional manner; and answer telephone requests for utility services, business licenses, and other various City-related questions. This position receives general supervision from other accounting clerical, technical and supervisory staff and reports directly to the Principal Financial Analyst. If you are looking to make a positive impact in a key financial customer service role, this position is for you!
- Equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
- One year of experience working with cash and responding to the public.
- Bilingual skills
- Experience working in a public agency involving frequent public contact.
What You’ll Do
- Provide exceptional customer service in person and via phone for Mountain View residents and businesses.
- Serve as the face of the Finance and Administrative Services Department to walk-in customers.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Open and close utility service order requests.
- Process payments for a variety of transactions with speed and accuracy, such as utility bills, business licenses, invoices, fees, permits, taxes, rents and leases and department transmittals.
- Organize and balance various types of payments, track payments/transactions, open and distribute city mail, and process petty cash.
- Answer inquiries and respond to complaints concerning utility services and business license.
Are We a Match?
- You work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- You have organizational and logical problem-solving abilities with a strong attention to detail.
- You can keep track of multiple and varying business processes.
- You are customer service savvy - you strive to help people and take initiative to find the answer in creative ways.
- You have patience, strong active listening skills and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities.
- You are able to handle complaints and deal effectively with the public with poise and in a professional manner.
- You start sentences with “I can…” and are open to new opportunities and growth.
- You’re able to work in partnership with customers and departments to make sure their needs are met.
- You can think on your feet and you believe problem solving is a good group activity.
- You enjoy analyzing and resolving complex challenges.
- You are punctual and maintain good attendance records.
- You are excited to improve, model and market our unique and wonderful workplace culture.
Submit your application and resume online at calopps.org or to the Human Resources Department; City of Mountain View, 500 Castro Street, Mountain View, CA 94041, (650) 903-6309. Please provide a valid email address on your application. This recruitment will close at 5:00 p.m. PST on Friday, September 30, 2022 or after 100 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Candidates with the most relevant qualifications will be invited to the following process:
- Screening Interview via video conference (Zoom)
- Oral Board Interview Panel (weighted 100%) via video conference (Zoom)
- Select candidates who pass the oral board interview may be invited to interview with staff from the Finance and Administrative Services Department for a more in-depth discussion regarding the position. Interviews may be conducted virtually, or in-person following social distancing and all applicable COVID-19 related protocols.
Depending on the number of applicants the above process may be altered.
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.