The position is an ambassador of the organization values, mission, vision, and brand, to both internal and external audiences. This role will assist in the design and implementation of internal and external marketing and communication strategies for programs and services. They will drive visibility, awareness, and engagement through a variety of programs, channels, and activities positioning Peninsula Family Service as a leader in family services as well as a great place to work.
This individual will work closely with programs, leaders, and other key stakeholders. This role requires someone who is comfortable wearing many hats and enjoys collaborating and building consensus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Support internal communications throughout the organization utilizing tools such as the Paylocity intranet, email, print, and more
· Assist in the development of a recruitment marketing campaign and strategy to ensure marketing efforts are aligned.
· Develop community relationships to support outreach and awareness of PFS programs externally
· Collaborate with Marketing Manager to develop collateral materials for programs and program events
· Share relevant program information with staff and program participants in formats and frequency and through delivery methods that meet their needs
· Seek feedback from staff and program participants to facilitate communications and information delivery
· Communicate and promote Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) internal and external initiatives, including promoting like partners, acknowledging social causes, enhancing visibility of PFS mission to serve the most vulnerable communities
· Manage and track social causes calendar and develop associated content and outreach.
· Collaborate with Senior Marketing Manager to write and create press releases, PFS site blogs, infographics, newsletters, and other communications for print, online and in-person channels.
· Assist Senior Marketing Manager to develop social media content and participants testimonials
· Work with department leads to create narratives around department goals and execute narrative through storytelling across all communications channels
· Assist Senior Marketing Manager to formulate story ideas, craft pitches, target media and achieve editorial placements in appropriate outlets
· Work with the Marketing manager to brainstorm new content aligned with strategic marketing plan, fundraising and in support of various brand and program initiatives
· Support evaluation of communication campaigns.
· Adhere to and help enforce PFS style guide guidance, ensuring consistency and high-quality, error-free communications across all PFS assets
· Assist in maintaining photos and photo use permission record library
· Ability to execute department assignments or projects, meeting deadlines related to those assignments
· Model the values of PFS Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Diversity, Teamwork, Adaptability
· Mindset to Imagine, Navigate, Seek, and Persevere
· BA preferred
· (3) three years of experience in communications, public relations, integrated marketing communications, journalism, marketing, or related field.
· Strong writing (including proofreading and copy-editing) and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful stories and key messages.
· Knowledge of or capacity to learn marketing software: Salsa Engage, Hootsuite, Asana, and WordPress.
· Strong focus, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks, work as a part of a team—all while not losing focus of our big picture mission.
· Experience/knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Ads
· Design software and branding experience
· Media relations is a plus
· Verification to legally work in the US.
· Fingerprint clearance before first day and throughout PFS employment.
· A valid driver’s license and clean driving record (defined by PFS insurer).
BIPOC, LGBTQ2IA+, or any other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
FSLA – non-exempt
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.