The COMET Group is a global leader in providing high-quality components, systems and services that optimize its customers' products and processes in the fields of X-ray-, vacuum- and radio frequency technology. As a trailblazing tech company, we contribute to more secure, efficient, and sustainable manufacturing, communication, and mobility.
What will you do?
- This individual will be the leading technical expert of our generator and match product lines and the associated applications of our RF plasma solutions.
- Work closely with our leading engineering developers during the early stages of release in understanding the operation and key aspects of the RF Generator Product
- Responsible for understanding the technical requirements of customers as they relate to vacuum capacitors, impedance matching networks, and RF power generators;
- Resolve technical and operational issues as required to ensure successful operation of the product during our customers development;
- As the leading expert, your knowledge and personality will be instrumental in developing customer relationships and obtaining information on new customer projects.
- Participate in the finalization of documentation required to ensure proper production of volume products based on optimizations done in the prototyping process.
- Communicate closely with other key individuals in Engineering (local and overseas), Sales, Project Management and Product management.
Who are we looking for?
- B.S., M.S. or PhD, equivalent in technical or scientific discipline (Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Your confidence, trustworthiness, and general excitement of technology is a must!
- Travel to Switzerland and Germany for sometimes extended periods, to work with our lead technologists
- Minimum of 1-5 years’ experience in an applications or engineering role at a high-tech OEM company (internship / co-op is acceptable)
- Background in RF (radio frequency) technology is a must.
- Background in plasma process development a big plus
- Experience working in complex/multi-disciplinary environment, e.g., Semiconductor, Flat-panel display or Thin-film solar industry
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuits a must
- Excellent people skills, you will be interfacing with some of the smartest plasma experts in the world, you will be among your people. Internally and externally...our customers are demanding on themselves and you.
- A Good Team Player, Self-starter and self-reliant, comfortable in non-structured environment
- You an organizer, disciplined and a "planner" with analytical thinking, methodical work attitude
- Excellent communication skills (English – a must -oral and written)
Why join us?
- Collaborate with diverse international colleagues from all over the world for a successful listed multinational company headquartered in Switzerland
- Take on inspiring projects in a highly dynamic environment and thriving industry, which is growing globally in emerging and mature markets
- Attractive training and career opportunities in our global locations, as well as flexible work arrangements
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.