Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated FP&A Manager, Operations to join our team!
How you’ll contribute
- Support the Director, FP&A by acting as the primary partner with the Operations team within Finance to help support rapid expansion of our operations
- Establish strong business partnership with Operations, including Operations and Supply Chain leadership, and provide analytical support and financial guidance to help with various business decisions. This includes developing new analyses, reports and metrics to better support business partners’ decision-making process
- Provide deep insight into build plan, absorption, inventory turns, and variances with a view to help management understand their impact on overall performance
- Leverage data driven insights to drive business decisions that optimize inventory, CapEx and gross margin across revenue categories. This is likely to include ad hoc analyses supporting existing or new initiatives related to the build plan, process implementation, supply chain optimization and additional capacity initiatives.
- Provide leadership on Operation & Supply Chain forecasting process by managing, improving and streamlining the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for the team, including tracking and managing cost levers, operating expenses, headcount, and capital expenditures
- Adopt change and apply a continuous process improvement attitude. Consider new processes or ways to analyze business data with a mind to improving business results
- Help establish culture and goals while growing the FP&A organization
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- BS degree and 8 years of related experience
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role
- Experience supporting manufacturing and/or supply chain, within semiconductors or life sciences
- Thorough understanding of drivers that influence gross margin
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills/modeling
- Proven track record in business partner or corporate FP&A role
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with ERP and PLM software, such as NetSuite and Arena, and advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task, fast-paced environment
- Clear leadership and development potential
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics’ EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.