Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Director of Production to join our team!
You are a talented, motivated, and experienced Director of Production that will lead our instrument production team. You will drive new product launching activities during the transition from R&D to manufacturing. You will build a team, motivate, train, scale up, and support all production activities related to volume production, focusing on quality and best in class customer experience. You will have the opportunity to shape the vision of our manufacturing strategy, and to play a pivotal role in worldwide market penetration in the field of genomics.
How You’ll Contribute
- As the Director of Production, you will lead a team of engineers and technicians in defining, developing, documenting, training, deploying, and maintaining manufacturing and test methods for large and complex instruments.
- Lead the manufacturing production group to take fast evolving design from R&D with basic bill of material, assembly, test instructions and specifications, and provide red-lined feedback to create very precise and detailed bill of material, and work instructions under tight revision control, capturing device history records for each sub-assemblies, assemblies, and instruments.
- Lead the manufacturing production team to define the hiring plan based on the build schedule, recruit, screen, hire, and train new employees, and transfer build and test knowledge to contract manufacturing partners to scale up production capacity in order to meet company’s growth objective.
- Define, deploy, capture, monitor and publish key process indicators (KPI) such as build and test time, component defects, first pass yields, instruments critical specifications uniformity, etc.; and establish action plans promoting continuous improvement methodology, driving for quality, cost and cycle time improvements.
- Provide technical, business and people leadership support to your production staff, including setting team goals, ensuring appropriate training and qualification, completing performance reviews, and establishing development plans, recruiting, resource planning, and succession planning.
- Collaborate with supply chain, planning and material management to ensure proper communication, effective material coordination, and production build execution that are in alignment with business objectives, and with ongoing order fulfilment.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in physics material, mechanical, electrical engineering, operations management or in another discipline + relevant experience.
- Minimum of 10 years in a Manufacturing Production/NPI position for complex capital equipment including 6 years in leading and directing staff and projects.
- Experience in transitioning complex new products from R&D to volume production for large and complex instruments containing optics, precision mechanics, electronic control systems, fluidics, and robotics.
- Demonstrated leadership used to motivate multi-disciplined team while instilling teamwork within the departments and demonstrating key interpersonal skills.
- History of successful performance in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to make important decisions independently with limited key information, often under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to various audiences, particularly one-on-one coaching and feedback with direct reports and peers.
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics’ EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.