The Social Media Intern will build awareness, understanding and engagement with One Step Beyond’s mission among a diverse network of supporters. You’ll assist the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Development and Communications Administrator on all things digital – social media, email marketing, our website and paid digital advertising campaigns. This candidate must be creative, collaborative, a go-getter, have a strong attention to detail, and have their pulse on what is trending on social media. If you’re a purpose driven leader who loves social media and cares deeply about telling great stories that matter to build a better community – we’d love to meet you.
One Step Beyond provides comprehensive programming to individuals with developmental dis- abilities. This position will involve planning social media strategy, developing, and creating content for our digital platforms, and reporting on progress or outcomes related to social media posts and content.
• Experience with and creating content for common social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn)
• Ability to travel to One Step Beyond locations regularly for content
• Must be able to obtain CPR, First Aid Certificates.
• Must clear criminal history check and fingerprint clearance.
• Experience working with individuals with developmental disability or other vulnerable populations.
• Works with Program Leaders and staff to develop and create compelling social media content that drives engagement among our core audiences.
• Regularly evaluate and report on insights about engagement, user experience and identify opportunities to continually improve our digital media presence.
• Monitor and respond to comments, questions, and reviews
• Consider the welfare, growth, and development of program participants as a top priority
• Treat program participants with respect and encourage self-determination
• Demonstrate and model a professional presence (personal determination, reliability,
punctuality, resilience, maturity, consistency) and appearance
• Handle difficult situations with a positive attitude by actively seeking problem resolution, creative solutions, and program and organizational enhancements to insure program effectiveness
• Communicate effectively with individuals inside and outside of the One Step Beyond Community
• Maintain confidentiality of program participants and their personal information
• Adhere to One Step Beyond Policies & Procedures
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor. 505