Human Resources Cupertino Union School District
CLASSIFIED POSITION OPENING
TITLE: BUS DRIVER I/II
SALARY: $26.91 - $32.70/hour (new hires not to exceed $29.67/ hour)
FTE: .875 FTE (7 hours/day)
POSITION #: 1339
SCHEDULE: Hours vary
WORK YEAR: 10 months
MASTER’S DEGREE ANNUAL STIPEND: $1767.50 (based on .875 FTE)
NOTE: APPLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED ON EDJOIN.ORG. RESUME AND TWO CURRENT LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION ARE REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. PASSWORD FOR EMPLOYEES APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION IS CUSDAPP.
Under supervision, drives a school bus on a regular route or on special trips transporting school children.
1. Drives a school bus on an assigned route, picks up and delivers children at designated locations, escorts children across streets when necessary and stops traffic as required.
2. Transports students and teachers on field trips to various locations choosing the best route and
making departure and arrival time as scheduled.
3. Operates and maintains radio communication with control center using established procedures.
4. Completes daily inspection of bus for safety.
5. Maintains cleanliness of bus interior.
6. Maintains order among school children by following established district policies regarding the discipline of children.
7. Completes daily records on assigned route and bus operation, maintains and updates routes.
8. Performs other related activities as assigned.
1. Ability to drive a school bus in a safe and effective manner.
2. Learn a designated bus route, bus stops and traffic hazards.
3. Ability to read, write and calculate simple mathematical problems to successfully perform the job.
4. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
5. Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
6. Pass a physical examination and the requirements of the California Department of Motor Vehicles and the California Highway Patrol as required for licensing.
7. Possess and maintain a valid California Motor Vehicle Class II License.
8. Possess and maintain a School Bus Driver Certificate.
9. Possess and maintain a Standard Red Cross First Aid Certificate.
The Cupertino Union School District, (K-8), is an equal opportunity employer located in the heart of Santa Clara
County’s technology community with an enrollment of over 15,000 students and 1,600+ employees.
Uniform Complaint Procedure Coordinator: Associate Superintendent Human Resources
Title IX Coordinator: Director, Student Support Services
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.
The mission of the Cupertino Union School District (CUSD) is to provide a child-centered environment that cultivates character, fosters academic excellence and embraces diversity. District families, community and staff join as partners to develop creative, exemplary learners with the skills and enthusiasm to contribute to a constantly changing global society.
· District Enrollment: 14,000
· K-5: 17 schools
· K-8: 1 school
· 6-8: 5 schools
OUR INSTRUCTIONAL PROGRAM
CUSD has an excellent reputation for maintaining high standards of instruction. The instructional program is based upon a comprehensive K-8 curriculum supported by ongoing staff development opportunities, instructional materials and support staff. CUSD ranks among the premier California elementary school districts in statewide testing. It is a district where public education is working for all children.