Instructor, Respiratory Therapy
Initial Review Date: 02/23/23*
*Any complete applications received after the review date will only be forwarded to the hiring committee at their request.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the faculty position of Instructor, Respiratory Therapy, Foothill College.
Foothill - De Anza Community College District Mission Statement:
The mission of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District is student success. We are driven by an equity agenda and guided by core values of excellence, inclusion, and sustainability. Every member of our district contributes to a dynamic learning environment that fosters student engagement, equal opportunity, and innovation in meeting the various educational and career goals of our diverse students. We are committed to providing an accessible, quality undergraduate education dedicated to developing a broadly educated and socially responsible community that supports an equitable and just future for California.
Foothill College Mission Statement:
Believing a well-educated population is essential to sustaining and enhancing a democratic society, Foothill College offers programs and services that empower students to achieve their goals as members of the workforce, as future students, and as global citizens. We work to obtain equity in achievement of student outcomes for all California student populations, and are guided by our core values of honesty, integrity, trust, openness, transparency, forgiveness, and sustainability.
These core values are essential to authentic and sustainable institutional equity at Foothill College. Institutional equity is embedded not only in the college's Educational Master Plan and Strategic Vision for Equity but in its planning, hiring and evaluative processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
Under the direction of the Dean, Health Sciences and Horticulture, and in collaboration with the Program Director for respiratory therapy, this person will be responsible for providing classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction in the respiratory therapy program on campus and online. This individual will maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics. Primary areas of responsibility will include updating, planning, and development of curriculum within the program, including online delivery. Additional responsibilities: assist with yearly program review, accreditation, student advising, serve on the advisory board, assist clinical coordinators, engage in program improvement initiatives, participate in professional development activities, and attend department meetings.
Standard duties expected of all faculty include development and evaluation of curricula, participation in the SLO (Student Learning Outcomes) process, maintaining scheduled office hours, attending department and division meetings, pursuing professional growth activities, and performing other duties consistent with the role of an instructor. Instructors also could serve on District and college committees and participate in campus extra-curricular activities.
• Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of (4) years experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist; of which (2) years must include clinical respiratory care and a minimum of (2) years experience teaching in an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
• California licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
• Academic Year Certificates AA's/AA-T's Other degree 2016-17 0 24 2017-18 17 23 2018-19 8 24 2019-20 15 22 2020-21 7 24 2.
• Master's degree.
• Management, supervisory experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• In addition, successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
• Knowledge of the principles and process of instructional design and curriculum development.
• Knowledge of current clinical and theoretical aspects of Respiratory Therapy.
• Ability to teach and communicate effectively with students.
• Ability to work closely and cooperatively with colleagues.
• Ability to work with academically and culturally diverse students.
• Indoor, office environment.
(Applicants should perform these physical abilities with or without reasonable accommodations)
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
• Vision sufficient to read various materials.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
• Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
• Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
• Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
• Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
• A District on-line application to be completed at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/ *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• A cover letter detailing your background and experience, skills, and abilities as they relate to the minimum and preferred qualifications of this position.
• A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not otherwise meet minimum qualifications via educational degree attainment as specified), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
Applicants will be REQUIRED to submit transcripts for salary placement purposes. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application packet. Application materials not required (including reference letters) for this position will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our “Applicant Information” webpage to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
HIRING RANGE: $80,509.00 - $132,223.00 annually plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to:
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. Other voluntary benefits are also available such as legal assistance, pet insurance, and long-term care. Faculty are also eligible for paid professional development leaves and stipends for educational and professional development.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Tenure-track, 12-months per year
STARTING DATE: Fall 2023
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
This position will become Open Until Filled after the initial Closing Date. Any complete applications received while the position is Open Until Filled will be reviewed by the hiring committee only upon committee request.
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.