Under general supervision, assists in the performance of various aspects of the systems development cycle; and may include needs analysis, cost-benefit analysis, structured systems analysis and design, feasibility analysis, technology and software assessment, telecommunications needs analysis, project planning and management, system installation, implementation and testing, conversion to production status, technical and procedural documentation, user training, and post-implementation assessment and administration.
The essential functions of the position include:
- Assist in development of GIS solutions for airport wide stakeholders and users.
- Participate in the development of geospatial applications; may test software to ensure compatibility.
- Assist in the design of new and/or revised systems and programs, and in the coordination of integration into existing systems and procedures.
- Assist in data collection, distribution, maintenance, analysis, processing, and modeling.
- Assist in capturing and processing of data using remote sensing devices and applications.
- Assist in conducting software and data analysis for moderately complex geospatial products.
- Assist in the provision of user training; prepare instruction and technical manuals.
- Provide technical support to users; conduct feasibility studies.
- Coordinate with users and outside business partners, when necessary, to respond to service requests; implement solutions to problems.
- Monitor systems to ensure adequate performance and maintenance; analyze and recommend enhancements.
- Participate in users meetings or meetings of related committees.
- Perform other functions outlined in the 1051 job classification.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as this announcement may close any time after 5:00 PM on Friday, March 3, 2023.