Currently seeking a Senior Network Security Engineer for an excellent opportunity to join an enterprise team with a retail leader in Dublin, CA. The ideal candidate will possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years of Information Security experience and at least 8 years with a large organization.
Responsibilities of the Senior Network Security Engineer
• Responsible for envisioning and taking steps to implement security improvements to protect our clients’ information and assets.
• Lead initiatives that harden the network security posture and capabilities from concept through delivery.
• Capable of delivering projects related to host security. Including defining and following discrete procedures and protocols to ensure integrity and compliance.
• Lead the product area strategy, roadmap, design and vendor, product due-diligence functions.
• Serve as a liaison to the other Information Security and IT functional groups, influencing outcomes as appropriate.
• You’ll be the Network Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing 3rd level production support & InfoSec.
• Work with the other IT organizations to design, develop, and implement Enterprise Security solutions in support of development, test, and production environments.
Requirements of the Senior Network Security Engineer
• Minimum 10 years of Information Security experience and at least 8 years with a large organization
• In-depth knowledge of network security products such as Firewalls/Next Generation Firewalls, Web Security, Intrusion Detection, Prevention Systems, Sandboxing, Data Loss Prevention, SSL, VPN and Network Access Control (NAC)
• Strong knowledge of current security space with general understanding of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information on the security landscape
• Knowledge of host security products such as File Integrity Management, Antivirus, anti-virus, Anti-Malware, Application Whitelisting (AWL), Host Intrusion Prevention (HIP), Certificates, Authentication, Directory Services, and Identity Management
• Conceptual and practical understanding of IT Infrastructure designs, technologies, products, and services. This should include knowledge of networking protocols, operating systems, databases, encryption, and other technologies
• Palo Alto Networks experience
• Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
• Experts with either Websense Content Gateway (Content Gateway), Palo Alto Networks, SSL Decryption, and/or Application ID Firewalling - App-ID (you don't have to be experts in everything listed here, but at least with 1 or 2 of these skills.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.