Join a Fortune 500 Company in the East Bay!
The Security Analyst provides information security related support to projects thru the Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC), Threat and Vulnerability Management, Risk Management and Compliance, establishing trust relationships through active engagement and collaboration.
This position is also responsible for validating security requirements adherence, evaluating security services and technologies, maintaining information security policies and procedures.
The Security Analyst is also responsible for assisting in performing host and vulnerability assessment, managing change requests thru change management process, performing vendor risk assessments and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
• Develops test cases and procedures for validation of project related security requirements.
• Executes test cases and procedures to validate security requirements have been met prior to the deployment of the new/enhanced capabilities to the enterprise environment.
• Assist in researching and evaluating various methods to secure systems, networks, databases, and business applications in support of the project deliverables, related services and other IT organizations.
• Maintains system, database, or network devices minimum security baselines and automated scripts use for host security certification process.
• Performs host security certification to ensure compliance with minimum security baselines.
• Assist in the execution of project related penetration testing and source code security review, where applicable.
• Contributes in identifying resolution to security related problems by using creative thinking and problem solving.
• Contributes to the development of technical reports, departmental metric reporting and/or security related presentations.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry, including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
• Monitors current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy, so that our client is warned in advance and is ready to be fully compliant with these requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Minimum of 3 years in Information Technology Security.
• Demonstrated experience in information security for applications, web architectures, operating systems, databases, and networks.
• Familiarity with firewalls, VPN, PKI, IPS, wireless, IPT, virtualization security, Oracle and MS SQL preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.