Reporting to the COO, the Accounting Manager is a member of the Finance Leadership Team. We’re looking for a great team member that will be responsible for month-end closing, account reconciliation and financial reporting. The Senior Accountant is to be process, detail-oriented, and deadline-focused. The individual will have demonstrated experience and knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations, with ability to work and excel in a multi-faceted non-profit environment. To be successful in the position, the individual must be an analytical thinker and problem solver who can identify and implement effective processes improvements.
· B.S. in Accounting; CPA preferred.
· 4-5 years of progressive General Ledger accounting and technical accounting experience with accruals, journal entries, and account reconciliations and focus on internal controls.
· Experience working as Accounting Manager
· Proficient in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
· Strong work ethic and team-focused attitude
· Able to adapt to and drive changes in the business operating environment
· Strong communication skills required (both oral and written)
· Drives the periodic financial close process and related management reporting. Effectively assesses risk over accounts and areas of responsibility. Applies judgment to ensure that financial integrity of accounting entries, accruals, and account reconciliations are intact and operating effectively.
· General ledger accounting, including booking of grants and donations, operating cash, receivables, payroll, payables, inventory and other assets. Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues, effectively and in a timely manner.
· Planning, organizing, and coordinating accounting activities to meet established objectives and schedules including the assignment of duties, monitoring of work completion and approval of reports, journal entries and other data.
· Ensure compliance with GAAP and other financial reporting standards. Assist with tax and regulatory compliance with state and federal entities.
· Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement and automation.
· Lead cross divisional meetings to drive action and accountability.
· Ability to interpret contracts and provide appropriate accounting conclusions to support our financials. Maintain the accounting and financial reporting for government and corporate grants.
· Work directly with external auditors to support financial statement audits and control environment testing. Assist with external audit requests. Prepare schedules requested by external auditors.
· Work closely with business partners and finance partners on accounting related matters.
· Strong Excel knowledge (pivot tables, lookups, index match)
· California Payroll
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.
Sunnyvale Community Services is here for our neighbors in their time of need. As rents go up and food prices skyrocket, the need is greater than ever here in our own backyard. Fully 98% of our clients have incomes under 200% of the poverty level. The ethnicities of our clients range from Hispanic to White to African American, Asian, Pacific Islander, and more. And, while children represent 22% of the population of Sunnyvale, they represent 35% of our clients. Seniors make up 13% of our client demographic.