WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
US Concerts is seeking a Security Officer. This person will guard, patrol, and/or monitor the venue premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules. May operate metal detector equipment.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Responsible for the safety and security of patrons, employees, and assets.
• Conduct patrols of the building on a regular basis. Respond to all security & safety related calls in a timely manner. Exhibit exemplary conduct & appearance while on duty.
• Comply with & adhere to all the department’s performance, conduct & attendance standards.
• Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure.
• Comply with all the legal & ethical instructions given by the Security Supervisors on duty and the Manager of Security.
• Adhere to the Security department's policies and procedures.
• Investigate and compile accurate incident reports.
• Complete all assigned tasks within the guidelines and deadlines set by the Security Supervisors and/or the Manager of Security.
• Interact with patrons, vendors, and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
HOURLY WAGE: $21.00
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
• Current valid CA Guard card or security license required.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• An understanding of the rule of law and the relevant penal codes.
• Ability to represent the Security Department in an exemplary manner.
• Ability to effectively perform in crises and work under pressure without the loss of composure.
• Ability to memorize, recollect, and quickly retrieve relevant information.
• Ability to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional patrons and employees during intensely aggravated circumstances.
• Ability to walk, stand, lift at least 45 lbs., reach, pull, push, grasp and drag.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities. Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas. We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
The expected compensation for this position in California is:
$18.15 USD - $21.00 Hourly
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful California applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.