Do you like to work independently? Enjoy the outdoors? Want to work in a vigorous job that'll maintain your active fitness level? The City Carrier position may be just the job you’ve been waiting for. The City Carrier position is a rewarding job providing an essential service to your community. This is a career appointed position with full benefits and opportunity for career advancement.
WHY WORK FOR THE US POSTAL SERVICE?
REQUIREMENTS / ELIGIBILITY
• USA Citizenship OR Citizen of U.S. Territory OR Permanent Resident Status
• High School Graduate or Equivalent
• Must have lived in USA for the last 5 years
• must pass background investigation
• must pass drug screening
• must pass job assessment
• valid California Driver License and 2-year safe driving history
• Men must be registered with Selective Service if applicable (men born in the USA or immigrated and living in the USA between the age of 18-26)
WHAT WE NEED FROM OUR CARRIERS
• You’ll need to be able to walk 10-15 miles
• Be able to lift and carry 70lb packages
• Need to be able to work a flexible schedule, overtime, weekends, holidays
• Pay attention to detail and are task orientated
• Reliable attendance
• Good customer service skills
• Work well as part of a team and have the ability to self-mange work/time
- HOW TO APPLY FOR U.S. POSTAL SERVICE JOBS
New positions are posted online daily. Please visit our website frequently to ensure you do not miss this opportunity. Applicants must submit application on-line from a personal computer.
1. go to: USPS.COM/CAREERS
2. click on the APPLY NOW button, and then CONTINUE
3. enter the SANTA CLARA in the KEYWORDS box
4. click the START button, select a position, and click APPLY to begin
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.
The United States Postal Service is an essential company that provides a vital service to the American public through good times and bad. We are a diverse workforce, employing people from all races, nationalities, and all walks of life. We provide mail service to all communities nationwide. The service that USPS employees provide binds the country together. Postal employees are proud of our commitment to the communities we serve – so much so that we have a term for our commitment; Postal Proud. We are looking for the next generation of the Postal Proud!