MGO Strategic Staffing is looking for a General Ledger Accountant for our client in San Carlos, CA. This is a contract position. In this position, the Accountant will report to a Senior Accountant, and perform a variety of professional level accounting activities within the Finance Department in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
Examples of Essential Functions:
- .Examples of Essential Functions:
- Process and Analyze accounting data in PeopleSoft. Review and highlight variances, trends, exceptions and discrepancies taking action as appropriate.
- Prepare clear, concise and complete monthly financial statements and reports prior to Board of Directors’ reporting deadlines.
- Process accounts payable transactions.
- Prepare documentation needed to support periodic audits.
- Prepare and analyze various reports such as State Controller’s Report and National Transit Database Reports.
Examples of Duties:
- Review accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations. Make necessary correcting entries.
- Examine supporting documentation to establish proper authorization and conformance with agreements, contracts and local, state or federal regulations.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger to subsidiary ledgers.
- Process expense reports, invoices, progress payments and other requests for payments.
- Review and analyze accounts payable transactions for completeness, accuracy and proper coding.
- Process the weekly pay cycle and provide weekly accounts payable cash estimates to Treasury
- Assist in completing and compiling the documentation required to prepare for the annual audits and year-end financial reporting.
- Interact with internal and external customers. Answer accounting questions, and resolve issues.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervision: Work under the general supervision of a Senior Accountant or General Ledger Supervisor, who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates performance.
- Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field plus three years of full-time accounting or related experience. Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve accounting problems using critical thinking skills, with timeliness and accuracy. Must be experienced in computerized accounting systems (ie. PeopleSoft), proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel. Must demonstrate strong prioritization skills to affect an orderly flow of accurate information within the Finance Division and to other parts of the District. Good oral and written communication skills
- Must have experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning system (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle); experience with PeopleSoft is desirable.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.