Sunnyvale Community Services is hiring!
Human Resources (HR) Manager
As HR Manager, you will be a critical member of the leadership team and be a strong business partner, working across the Agency to enhance culture and employee engagement. You will serve as an employee advocate helping to resolve employee concerns and promote a positive work environment to support pursuit of the agency’s mission and goals.
You will be responsible for supporting the overall business objectives, staffing, performance management, training and development, employee and labor relations, compensation, benefits, EEO/AAP and safety.
This position reports into the Chief Operations Officer (COO).
· Bachelor's degree in related field required from an accredited college or university.
· Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience resolving complex employee relations issues including wage and hour law in a similar capacity.
· Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and labor relations, diversity and inclusion, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills, including facilitation skills.
· Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
· Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
· Strong analytical, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
· Professional certification in Human Resources preferred.
· Assist managers with hiring and onboarding for assigned business unit.
· Consult with managers and supervisors, providing HR guidance when appropriate; communicates and reports to senior management any issues of importance.
· Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
· Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
· Draft and maintain overall HR policy handbook for all employees.
· Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation for management to help ensure legal compliance.
· Process HR paperwork for new hires, terminations, promotions, and transfers.
· Assist managers in building relationships with third party recruiters and other vendors.
· Consult with external contractors/consultants as needed on specific areas, e.g. employment law, EDD requirements to fulfill state and federal policies and regulations.
· Serve as known expert in subject matter with a broad knowledge and understanding of HR functional areas.
· Identify data needed for reports and ensure reports accurately capture and present information appropriate to the audience.
· May serve as advisor on different projects or programs that affect HR.
Salary Range: $80,000-$95,000
***When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVAworks Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVAworks Career Advisor.
Sunnyvale Community Services is here for our neighbors in their time of need. As rents go up and food prices skyrocket, the need is greater than ever here in our own backyard. Fully 98% of our clients have incomes under 200% of the poverty level. The ethnicities of our clients range from Hispanic to White to African American, Asian, Pacific Islander, and more. And, while children represent 22% of the population of Sunnyvale, they represent 35% of our clients. Seniors make up 13% of our client demographic.