Be the Lead VoIP Network Administrator as an experienced IT systems analyst responsible for supporting an enterprise VoIP network infrastructure. This role provides broad exposure to enterprise VoIP network technology platforms highly-available and highly-scalable.
As such, the individual will be challenged by supporting new solutions and supporting the existing environment. The role requires solid understanding of enterprise VoIP networking, WAN Routing and LAN Switching.
- Provide inputs to production SLAs for systems of moderate to high complexity.
- Review SLA compliance reports and define activity changes to adhere to SLAs in the future for moderate to highly complex initiatives.
- Plan and manage service readiness for new or enhanced services of moderate to highly complex scope.
- Ensure that new or changed services satisfy all readiness criteria and are ready for production deployment for moderate to highly complex projects.
- Create formal procedures for service request management.
- Develop the incident management process and procedures and resolve highly complex or unique incidents.
- Develop the prioritization and problem management process and procedures.
- Review SLA reports and define service improvement opportunities.
- Create and maintain a service catalogue of consistent information on all IT services delivered to customers.
- Develop the event categorization framework to qualify events and determine remediating actions for highly complex and unique new events.
- Define overall approach for service validation at the outset of all solution delivery projects.
- Create and maintain a system that ensures Configuration Items (CIs) are identified, accounted, reported, verified and audited.
- Plan and direct the addition, modification, or removal of any IT asset in a standard and controlled manner.
- Produce and maintain a capacity plan to ensure that the level of service capacity and availability matches or exceeds the needs of the business
- Create a framework to manage system health, maintenance, recovery and basic application technical tuning in an automated fashion.
- Assist in the architecture process for new VoIP network related solutions ensuring they are compatible with the company's business needs and strategic objectives
- Review and analyze new requests, work with IT partners, vendors, and business leaders to understand VoIP network communication needs; Partner on solutions and recommendations for business initiatives based on application requirements
- Analyze VoIP network performance, reacting to operational performance, and business-wide VoIP network issues; Participate on the L2/L3 production support team; Help identify and develop efficiency opportunities
- Research, evaluate, develop, design and implement VoIP Network designs and standards following industry best practices
- Maintain VoIP network health monitoring and notification tools
- Maintain VoIP infrastructure hardware including ongoing software/firmware patches or upgrades and analysis
- Cisco Unified Communications technologies, including CUCM version 9.x, 10.5, 11.6, Presence solutions, Jabber client, Communication/Voice Gateways
- Work with managed service providers, telecommunication providers, and other infrastructure teams
- Cisco Customer Collaboration technologies, including UCCX and UCCE version 9.x, 10.5, 11.6 Finesse, CVP and IVR
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.