- Creates and supports databases and related applications in all phases of development life cycle. This will include Oracle/MySQL databases, R12 E-Business administration as well as other applications.
- Performs the capacity planning and server planning for the current and future business needs.
- Works closely with the development team and make recommendations with the development effort for existing programs and future designs.
- Works with our backup tools and backup strategies, supports the existing strategies and implements improvements.
- Restores and clones existing instances.
- Performs ongoing tuning of databases and makes necessary changes.
- Implements and enforces security for all our databases and applications including eCommerce applications.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes and other applications related changes through the development life cycle.
- Evaluates new upgrades and tools and makes sound recommendations and put together proposals and execute them.
- Assists with impact analysis of changes made to programs, databases and infrastructure.
- Works as part of a team and provides 7x24 support when required.
- Works on other database and infrastructure related tasks as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Good in administrative support of Oracle and MySQL databases
- Good in implementation and support of Oracle R12 E-Business Suite
- At least 5 years of architectural expertise in an enterprise level implementation of Oracle based applications.
- At least 5 years of experience in hands-on support of oracle/MySQL instances throughout the full development cycle.
- At least 5 years of experience in establishing and managing development standards as well as documenting training materials, policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Linux operating system (Our database servers are all on Oracle Solaris and Red Hat Linux platforms.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of WebLogic 11g and Oracle OEM and Management Packs for WebLogic, Oracle DB and Applications.
- Can write complex programs utilizing Sqlplus, PL/SQL and shell scripting using vi editor.
- Highly developed skills for troubleshooting and solving database performance problems. Solid knowledge in tracing database performance issues, identifying common and uncommon performance bottlenecks, and tune SQL, PL/ SQL etc and make appropriate recommendations not only from the DBA perspective, but also from the server and network perspective.
- Good knowledge of how Security should be set up to architect new applications especially in the DMZ zones.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and organizational and follow up skills.
- Provides technical leadership for our DBA related projects.
- Can provide off-hour DBA support.
- Comprehensive knowledge of NetApp snapshot technology. Can perform snapshot, snap mirror database related volumes, as well as cloning Oracle instances utilizing NetApp snapshot technologies. This would be huge plus.
- Working knowledge of MySQL.
- Expertise with Hyperion and Essbase, as well as ODI.
- Strong background with Java based applications including knowledge of Apache, tomcat, reverseproxy, and proxy servers.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.