ATR International, Inc. is a leader in the staffing industry and places a wide range of professionals at many of the most innovative companies. We are currently recruiting for the following position for one of our clients. If this position is not a fit for you, click here to send us your resume and our recruiters will find one that is.
Requisition Number: ATR145988
Position title: Composite Technician
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Van Nguyen : firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual interested in the opportunity to learn new skills. Exciting opportunities are available to join our diverse team in building spacecraft products geared towards communication satellites and next generation space products.
- Entry level Composite Technician
- Form pre-impregnated carbon fiber material on to contoured molds and vacuum bag for cure
- Perform bonding of composite assemblies consisting of various two part epoxies, metallic hardware, and carbon fiber hardware
- Follow written work instructions including blueprint, parts list, manufacturing specifications and process instructions.
- Perform precision measurements using calipers, micrometer, starrett scales and dial indicators.
- Follow safety guidelines and maintain a clean organized work area.
- Work efficiently by completing job assignments within the manufacturing time standards
- Work both independently on small jobs and as part of a larger team when working on larger hardware fabrication
- Produce quality Composite hardware that meets drawing specifications.
- Participate in 5s activities including cleaning and organization of the work areas
- Maintain good attendance and adhere to shift start time and scheduled break times.
- Work 40 hours a week, M-F 5:30am-2:00pm
- Work overtime when requested to support company schedule
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High School diploma required
- Minimum 2 years hands on manufacturing work experience required, 4 years preferred
- Must be a self-starter willing to learn composite manufacturing skills in a fast paced working environment.
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to learn quickly, plan, and adapt
- Goal oriented; willing to take responsibility and to be held accountable
- Positive attitude and Good teamwork skills a must
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Must have the ability to read, understand, and follow process instructions and have the ability to perform on learned layup and assembly techniques
- Demonstrate dexterity using general manufacturing hand and measuring tools; scissors, utility knife, calipers, scales etc.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to work extended hours as required
- Must be able to pass background check
Is this position not a fit for you? Click here to send us your resume and our recruiters will find one that is.
To be considered for this position, please click the "Apply Now" button.
Visit our website at www.atrinternational.com for an up-to-date listing of opportunities.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.