Position: Asian Sous Chef
Report to: Executive Chef
Location: Burlingame, CA
Department: Hot Foods Kitchen
Overall supervision of entire Hot Food department which include:
· Work with kitchen staff to produce high quality products on a consistent basis
- Interface and efficient react to Customer/Executive Chef requirements
- Implement customer specific menu items
- Maintain HACCP standards
- Culinary Quality & Menu Adherence
- Production planning and management
- Responsible for Food & Quality Safety
- Menu development when required and other daily operation needs
- Able to assist Executive Chef to create a vision for the department
- Responsible for all facets of daily hot food production including presentations for airlines, maintenance of daily requisitions, production sheets and monthly updates
- Ensure compliance with airline specification, personal hygiene and food handling procedures
- Assist in departmental scheduling and control of hours and food cost
- Assist in the development and training of employees
- Assist in maintaining a good relationship between the departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Good communication skills with employees, a must. Minimum of one year of experience working in all Asian techniques is required.
- Strong knowledge of Asian cooking philosophies and principles including but not limited to Chinese, Thai preparation is required.
- Comprehension of Asian starch compositions and applications is required.
- Ability to explain Asian cooking techniques
- Minimum of one year of experience in Asian cooking in a high volume hotel/restaurant is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all basic Asian cooking techniques is
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in airline/cruise ship/ hotel/restaurant is required.
- Minimum of one year experience in a high production volume restaurant/hotel is required.
- Minimum of three years of general culinary experience is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, and Excel) are required.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience and ability to convert recipes from metric to U.S. and vice versa for both volume and weight is required.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.