Position: Storeroom Supervisor
Location: Burlingame-San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Storeroom Manager
- Plans layout of stockroom, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
- Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving, and excess stock.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Monitors and insures that the receiving areas and storeroom are kept secure at all times.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of worked performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.