Title:Food Safety & Quality Technician
Location: Burlingame-San Francisco, CA
Reports To: FSQ Manager
- Review and maintain of all Quality Assurance and Quality Control records, documents, and samples pertaining to HACCP, USDA, and FDA
- Coordinate activities with regulatory agents such as USDA and FDA
- Ability to prepare and directly manage third party customer audits
- This person will be instrumental in reviewing food safety processes and procedures
- Oversee inspection of incoming raw materials and outgoing finished goods to insure the highest quality of products are delivered to customers
- Initial and ongoing training of the employees on policies and procedures
- Daily observations of production processes from preparation to packaging
- Conduct weekly evaluation of products and ingredients ex. Chef Tables
- Complete necessary Microbiological testing (internal and external testing) as assigned such as In-house ATP, In-house Listeria Spp., and Silliker Listeria Spp.
- Attends bi-weekly QA conference calls
- Other duties assigned by Unit Manager and/or Corporate Quality Assurance.
Other Responsibilities and duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Knowledge of internal policies and procedures
- Competent to work independently within area of expertise
- Ability to solve quality related problems
- Ability to deal with a variety of compliance situations and implement continuous improvement.
- Knows and follows all safety requirements; strives to maintain a safe work environment.
- Effectively gives and receives feedback; willingly asks questions and seeks direction, as needed.
- Must be able to function within a team environment.
- Performs tasks under general supervision.
- Previous knowledge working in food production Quality Assurance or related experience
- BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s and SOP’s a preferred
- Knowledge of Food Industry quality and sanitation standards and requirements
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)-Preferred
- Computer Literate-Word & Excel mandatory
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, specifically in Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and organizational skills
- Able to multi task and work independently with minimum supervision
- Must be proficient in the English language in both written and oral
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.