Institute on Aging (“IOA”) is a San Francisco based non-profit agency dedicated to preserving the dignity, independence and well-being of aging adults and people living with disabilities. We believe the future should be something to look forward to, at every age. We embrace the Bay Area’s vibrant and varied culture and celebrate the diversity of its inhabitants. We have a commitment to representing, honoring and enhancing the journeys of aging adults, including to those from many different cultures.
The Linkages Program Care Manager provides case management services for a caseload of approximately 40 clients living in the community. This position is responsible for the assessment and development of a care plan for clients with multiple medical and psycho social needs. The Care Manager plans for and monitors services and interventions ensuring provision of quality care with the aim of preventing premature and inappropriate institutionalization and supporting the individual live in their home safely as long as possible.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
- Bachelor's Degree
- Applicants must have one year working with adults with disabilities and/or older adults.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills relating to the functionally impaired adults and older adults, their support systems and teams of health professionals.
- Demonstrates excellent case management skills.
- Detail oriented with good problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Experience working with individuals with mental and/or behavioral health diagnoses and substance abuse disorders
- Master's Degree in Human Services, Social Work, or other health-related field, including Gerontology, Psychology, or Health Sciences
- Employees in this role can accrue clinical hours toward licensure in this position.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.
Institute on Aging reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran