Institute on Aging (“IOA”) is a San Francisco based non-profit agency dedicated to preserving the dignity, independence and well-being of aging adults and people living with disabilities. We believe the future should be something to look forward to, at every age. We embrace the Bay Area’s vibrant and varied culture and celebrate the diversity of its inhabitants. We have a commitment to representing, honoring and enhancing the journeys of aging adults, including to those from many different cultures.
The Adults with Disabilities Home Delivery Meals program (AWD-HDM) is seeking an Assessment Coordinator for its San Francisco team.
The AWD - HDM Assessment Coordinator is the primary voice in determining client eligibility for home delivered meals which serve adults with disabilities in the San Francisco area, aged 18-59 years. The Assessment Coordinator is part of a fast-paced program which relies on frequent field visits throughout San Francisco’s neighborhoods. The position requires and thrives on close teamwork with IOA program staff, as well as with participating Home Delivered Meal Agencies and the Department of Aging and Adult Services. The Assessment Coordinator conducts intake, screening, assessment/reassessment and referrals for prospective and established consumers of the AWD-HDM program. Additional responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- One-year experience working within a community-based program with disabled adults or a similar target population.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills relating to seniors and/or adults with disabilities, their support systems, and teams of care professionals.
- Demonstrated assessment skills and experience in the community-based care system.
- Ability to prioritize workflow and manage multiple and varied work
- Highly organized and detail oriented with good problem-solving skills
- Computer literate
- BA/BS in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Gerontology, or Nutrition-related degree.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.
Institute on Aging reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran