Institute on Aging works to enhance the quality of life for adults as they age by enabling them to maintain their health, well-being, independence and participation in the community. We serve a diverse population of older adults and disabled adults by providing innovative, community-based programs that enable our clients to live at home for as long as possible. We serve as an essential partner in the continuum of care by providing health services, social and emotional support, and education and advocacy.
Responsible for providing lead administrative support to the care management team. Manage data entry and medical records in medical records database for Community Living Services, San Mateo.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct annual internal chart review for Community Living clients; document and report on findings.
- Maintains client charts including scanning documentation into EMR system.
- Maintain care management databases by enrolling and terminating clients as needed, updating client information, emergency contacts, and Medi-Cal eligibility (HPSM).
- Maintain Client Emergency Information forms and monthly reports; monitor forms and reports on a regular basis.
- Manage the orientation and onboarding needs of every new hire for San Mateo Community Living; ensure all orientation meetings and technology needs are met prior to start date.
- Distribute and manage all incoming and outgoing mailings, including stamp orders.
- Manage the order of office supplies; ensure an adequate amount of office supplies at all times.
- Manage office supply order budget/balance spreadsheet for all programs.
- Provide minutes for Core Group and Staff meetings and distribute electronically to all participants.
- Bachelor’s degree required. At least one-year experience in administration and human services provided to the frail elderly and adults with disabilities preferred.
- Intermediate level skill in using MS Office software programs, particularly Word and Excel.
- Organized, detailed oriented, and capable of multitasking and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to successfully provide clerical and administrative support and maintain a level of confidentiality.
- Individual must have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills; must possess the ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Interested in working in a multicultural environment and social services field.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Five finger manipulations.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
Institute on Aging reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran