Employer: Peninsula Family Service
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The 70 Strong program is an initiative focused on improving the health and wellness of older adults in the Sequoia Healthcare District. The Navigator provides linkage to services, client coaching and short term case management for the 70 Strong Program clients. The Navigator will provide service to residents who call in, drop in, or meet with the Navigator in the community, and will conduct in home assessments, develop goals and link residents to needed services.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Lead Navigator
DIRECT REPORTS: None
- AA Degree in social services or related field
- Experience in providing services to older adults or other at risk populations
- Experience and expertise in providing outreach/marketing for a community service
- Knowledge of services and activities available to older adults within the Sequoia Health Care District and in San Mateo County, (or ability to know how to research these sources)
- Case management experience including conducting home visits and developing non-medical care or wellness plans.
- Ability to differentiate between a case management and a coaching role
- Ability to take initiative with minimal direction
- Ability to work offsite
- Ability to work in close collaboration with other team members and providers
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer efficiency in Microsoft office, internet usage and database experience
- Operate own vehicle on a regular basis to visit clients, attend meetings
- Ability to work flexible schedules that will include evenings, weekends and holiday coverage
Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Mandarin or English/Cantonese
Program development experience
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support/coaching for a caseload of older adults identified as in need of a home visit. Conduct home visits, needs assessments, create wellness plan in collaboration with the resident. Provide referrals in the community to the resident. Conduct follow up to determine resident received needed service. May sometime provide warm handoff to provider of needed service.
- Assigned weekly time in strategic locations within the Sequoia Healthcare District to provide easy access for residents and will provide information and referral to resources identified by 70 Strong.
- Conduct marketing /outreach for the 70Strong program
- Discuss any clinical issues that come up with cases that are social work related and to obtain guidance within twenty-four hours, with Lead Navigator.
- May recommend resources to the 70 Strong web site identified in the community.
- Attend any necessary trainings.
- Participate in activities in the community.
- Prepare documentation within 48 hours of a home visit, in person meeting and/or call.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Submit timecard on time and accurately to supervisor.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Ability to work flexible schedule which may include weekends and some evenings.
- Obtain yearly TB clearance and flu vaccination and other vaccinations as needed.
- Obtain fingerprint clearance before first day of employment and maintain.
- Verification to legally work in the US and maintain.
- Personal car or driver’s license and appropriate insurance if driving is necessary for the position. All drivers will need to have a clear driving record to drive for the Organization.
This Job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions ort assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Effective: July 1, 2016
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.