Employer: Peninsula Family Service
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Site Coordinator job duties will encompass both wellness activities and documentation/reporting tasks at the center. Daily activities for this position include: linking clients to center and community activities and services that promote positive health and well-being, providing administrative support for all Older American Act, foundation grants and City- sponsored programs at the center and compiling and monitoring data for reports, preparing reports, preparing monthly newsletter/calendar, marketing materials and general clerical duties.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Site Director
- High school graduate.
- Strong clerical skills, understanding of paper flow process to be compliant with the many grants associated with the program.
- One year work experience in a social service organization, nonprofit or government agency.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills including email, MSWord, MSExcel and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive presentation when dealing with the public, and/or participants at the Center.
- Maturity, good judgment, dependability, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and a team player.
- Ability to establish rapport with mature population, multi task, prioritize tasks and have attention to detail.
- AA Degree in related field strongly preferred, BA Degree encouraged.
- One year work experience in the health field.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete or assist in the completion of monthly, quarterly and final reports to funders.
- Be responsible for compiling and monitoring of data that has to be submitted on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- May represent the organization at community meetings and conduct outreach in the community for the program.
- Count or supervise count of daily donations to lunch, transportation, etc.
- Maintain files on center’s participants, including intake, referrals and status updates.
- Greet new participants, assess their needs and orientate them to center’s services.
- Monthly Fair Oaks Newsletter.
- Refer participants to center’s activities. Document all referrals in participant’s file.
- During initial interview may complete 100x form on all participants. Folow up after a month’s absence with patrons that have participated in the various programs and have not returned.
- Review attendance lunch forms and follow up with clients who have not attended for more than one week.
Assist Sequoia RN with monthly blood pressure checks and quarterly blood glucose checks by interpreting for Spanish-speaking patrons
- Consistently stay abreast of health and wellness information and trends made available by the health community especially as it relates to older adults. General clerical duties, prepare marketing pieces (calendars and flyers and press releases), reports and correspondence.
- Keep supervisor informed of all operational issues and problem areas.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must follow all policies and procedures for handling confidential documentation and confidential information.
- Timely and accurate submission of time record to Supervisor.
- Must be available to work an occasional weekend day or evening for a special event.
- Will be responsible for kitchen duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- May assist patrons with the Rediwheels application process
- Orient the client on Rediwheels procedure and ensure tickets are used to come to Fair Oaks
- Distribute Rediwheels tickets to riders
- Communicate with Rediwheels on changes for the week and holiday closures
- Report safety concerns or violations with names and times, to Rediwheels on client’s behalf
- Monitor client’s enrollment in the transportation program and ensure they have not been terminated from the program
- Track all tickets to make sure that additional tickets are purchased in a timely manner as needed
- Maintain RediWheels transportation log monthly
- Obtain fingerprint clearance before first day of employment.
- Verification to legally work in the US upon hire and updated.
- Ability to get to offsite locations for job and business related activities.
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings as necessary.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give such instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Revised: May, 14 2018
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.