PCB Layout Design Engineer
The PCB Designer/Layout Engineer will support the design and development of complex PCB designs for high speed fiber optic transceiver modules and test boards. This position will support all phases of design, including material stack up selection, schematic capture, layout, routing, symbol and footprint creation, generation of gerber files, assembly drawings and other required PCB fabrication drawings and files as required. Experience in high speed digital design and RF a huge plus. The engineer will work in a fast paced environment with a team of electrical, mechanical and signal integrity engineers. The successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver who is able to work around technical obstacles and work independently with little direct supervision.
• Experience with schematic capture and component foot print creation
• Experience with high speed digital design layout techniques
• Experience with power delivery layout techniques
• Experience with optimizing component placement active/passive
• Experience with Impedance control and transmission line theory
• Excellent organization and communications skills ·
• Ability to work well with a diverse group of dedicated professionals
• Preferred candidates will be experienced with Altium Designer, multi-layer routing methods, fabrication drawings and controlled engineering release process.
• Knowledge of IPC design standards
• Experience designing high-layer count PCBs with multi-lamination construction is desired, blind and buried vias.
• Experience with breakout and layout of high-density BGA packages
• Experience with flex circuit design is a plus
• Experience working with PCB suppliers for DFM and design release is a plus
• Ability to set-up Design Rule Checks for verification of every aspect of the PCB layout.
• Generating PCB Fabrication and Assembly drawings (Including Gerbers).
• Understanding of electrical design intent
• Understanding of transmission line theory, impedance control, skew compensation
• Experience with signal integrity, designing for EMI and crosstalk
• AS engineering or technical discipline or equivalent experience
• Preferred: BA, BS or equivalent degree in a relevant field
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.