Geometrics, Inc., a world-leading developer and manufacturer of instruments and tools for measuring and analyzing geophysical structures and other complex systems, seeks a Manufacturing/Production Engineer for its San Jose, CA facility. This position requires skills in the area of Manufacturing, Production, and Sustaining Engineering. This position will work closely with the Production Manager, the Production Team and the Design Engineers to ensure Geometrics products are of the highest quality.
- Determine and implement process improvements for improved productivity and reliability
- Determine and suggest design improvements for improved productivity, reliability, and cost
- Manage production documentation
- Work closely with production to create ECR/ECO to improve manufacturability, quality and efficiency, and ensure changes are implemented correctly
- Work closely with both production and engineering departments to update drawings, improve processes, train technicians, and keep production documentation up to date
- Close loop between repairs/rework and production, by addressing common failures in production.
- Manage support documentation such as technical manuals
- Track failures and preform failure analysis, offering cost effective solutions
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Maintain production database for obsolete parts, parts about to be obsolete, etc.
- Assist with inventory control in areas affected by engineering design changes
The successful candidate will excel in the following areas:
- Strong writing and documentation skills (writing samples may requested)
- Over four years of experience in a manufacturing environment creating, reviewing, and updating Technical Instructions and Assembly Instructions (TI and AI)
- Able to review, update, and create Bill of Materials, including vetting new parts, vendors and procedures
- An analytical problem solver, with a passion for detail
- Past experience training people in areas of quality improvement and new processes
- Able to create a positive team environment while working closely with production techs and assemblers, customer service technicians, engineers and sales.
- Experience with ERP (Enterprise resource planning), PLM (Product Life Management), and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering, or like disciplines
In consideration of the physical demands, we have included the minimum physical requirements.
- Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week if necessary
- Ability to sit, walk, and stand in an office, conference room, and other work environments
- Ability to routinely and safely move objects weighing up to thirty-five pounds
- Must have manual dexterity to operate scientific instrumentation, computer keyboard, and standard office equipment
- Ability to review and input information/data on a computer (up to 8 hours a day with breaks)
This position requires access to export-controlled information and employment is contingent on U.S. Government export control regulation authorization, to the extent required by law.
This position may be modified from time to time to meet Geometrics business needs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter putting “ME2018” and your name in the subject line. To learn more about Geometrics and our products, please visit our website, www.geometrics.com.
We offer a dynamic, challenging environment and a comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer /Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.