The Accounting/ Payroll Specialist will perform and oversee all activities necessary to successfully complete the semi-monthly payroll, including maintaining of related records, filing tax reports, voluntary and involuntary deductions, preparing reports for senior management. This individual will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the payroll process, accounting and have demonstrated the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and drive for results. Knowledge of Federal and State tax withholding is a must.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Full cycle payroll. Process semi-monthly payroll for 300 employees ensuring the accuracy of data entry and timely processed according to SOP and State/Federal compliance and regulations.
• Validate and export time & attendance hours, reporting paid time worked and paid-time-off using Paycom payroll system.
• Process commission and bonus payments, retroactive adjustments, special pay, sick leave, and worker's compensation wage statements.
• Perform Payroll Audit prior to releasing data for check printing.
• Prepare a wide variety of payroll documents and computer input, including, but not limited to timekeeping, direct deposit set up, garnishment set up and payroll adjustments using Paycom.
• Monitor and implement federal and state legal requirements
• Maintain accurate historical records.
• Reconcile health benefits invoices against reports from various health care providers
• Set-up earning/deduction codes as needed.
• Manage 401k beneficiaries through Schwab.
• Prepare and upload 401k records and flexible benefits reports to carrier's websites.
• Assist employees in 401k enrollment.
• Identify, manage and resolve federal and state payroll tax issues.
• Generate monthly payroll entries for posting to the general ledger.
• Process manual checks as needed.
• Maintain sufficient and appropriate supporting documentation for SOX, audit and regulatory compliance.
• Process complex payroll transactions, and write special reports within Paycom.
• Prepare month-end manual journal entries and reconcile all payroll-related accounts monthly.
• Prepare management reports, audit reports.
• Streamline processes, and participate on or drive special projects.
• Receive and respond to telephone and in-person inquiries related to a variety of Payroll questions.
• Maintain close relationships with Managers assisting them with payroll inquiries.
• Interpret payroll policies and procedures to company employees of all levels.
• Complete employment verification salary history requests within 24 hours.
• Monitor and screen UI rates for inclusion to Paycom.
• Reconcile/prepare monthly sales tax payment and quarterly reporting.
• Prepare daily sales reports to executive management.
• Daily/monthly journal entries posting; monthly-end bank reconciliation.
• Tax corrections as assigned.
• W-2 Processing/audits.
• W-4 processing.
• Recordkeeping and filing.
• Other payroll/accounting duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum of 5 years of full cycle payroll and an associate's degree or equivalent training and education.
• Prior mid to large sized company payroll experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Paycom payroll system is a plus.
• Strong communications, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
• Solid problem solving, time management and organization skills.
• Excellent Excel skills.
• Works and adapts well under pressure.
• Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve.
• Professionalism and confidentiality a must.
• Intermediate Math Skills.
• Must have basic knowledge of Wage and Hour Regulations
STARTING PAY: $25.00
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm
Position: Full Time, non-exempt
BiRite is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*** To apply, please go to http://birite.com/careers
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.