Dave and Buster's has an immediate opportunity for Assistant General Manager!
The AGMs provide overall leadership, supervision and direction on strategic initiatives and operating standards to positively impact business results for selected FOH or BOH areas under guidance of GM.
YOU WILL BE GREAT AT D&B IF:
- You love working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted Restaurant/Entertainment scene.
- You are able to communicate to the Employees and Guests in a way that inspires FUN!
- You like immediate gratification! Nothing better than making someone's experience better or inspiring your team to play at a higher level!
- You have never met a Goal you can't beat!
- You can handle 100K days and while walking five miles a shift!
- You can live, love and embrace the Dave & Buster's culture!
People: Hire, train, retain and develop your team
- Loves our People!
- Cultivates a strategic team environment that provides exceptional guest service while directing a specific area of the management team and ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level.
- Assures execution of staff training programs.
- Assures staffing levels and management coverage is appropriate to meet the needs of the business and maximize the customer experience.
- Leads and influences staff through effective motivation (having FUN), leveraging individual strengths to ensure guest satisfaction and maximum productivity.
- Select and develop Certified Trainers for more responsibility or internal promotability into management program.
- Promotes positive employee relations including effective delegation of managerial duties, fostering high staff morale, upholding operation standards, and execution of the performance management process.
Profits: Optimize financial results (drive sales and control costs)
- Analyze financial reports and develops action plans to grow revenue and control expenses in order to meet or exceed annual budgets for specific departments.
- Provide recommendations to GM on fiscal improvements.
- Maintain systems which insure overall fiscal responsibility for inventory, etc.
- Responsible for all aspects of a particular area of the operation to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives.
Sales: Manages annual budget and business plan to meet targeted financial performance
- Set department goals by period for individual area.
- Capitalizes business opportunities in the market area by executing Company marketing strategies to drive sales.
- Administers decisions around all store sales and performance incentive programs
Guests: Consistently meet the standard for the guest experience (quality of operations)
- Deliver an unparalleled guest experience through the best combination of food, drinks and games in an ideal environment for celebrating all out fun.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all D&B guests and staff
- Continuously improves operational execution through attention to detail and adherence to D&B operating standards and philosophies.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Brand Ambassador and Culture Champion!
- Demonstrated ability to achieve expected store financial results in areas of responsibility
- Ability to enthusiastically interact with others
- Adaptability, flexibility, general enthusiasm for the business
- Excellent pace and energy, self-motivated
- Strong communication skills; ability to write and verbally communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to establish working relationships with all employees, management and vendors
- Ability to maintain and project professionalism, internally and externally, at all times
- Can create and communicate a vision for the store
- Exercises good judgment in decision making
- Flexible in approach; can readily adapt to business and team needs and changes
- Excellent teaching and coaching skills
- Holds self-accountable for high personal standards of conduct and professionalism
- Respect for individuals (guest, vendors, and employees)
- Appreciation of diversity (thought, ethnic, gender, etc.)
- Innovative and strategic thinker. Capable of developing compelling culinary strategies
- Strong statistical inclination, able to synthesize data into concise business tactics
- Innate ability to inspire team
- Positive Energy
- LOVES Dave and Buster's
- Non typical Restaurant environment. We have great food, millions of dollars' worth of games, host the best Special Events and have thousands of people coming to have FUN!
- Dress to impress, we are business casual but with a tie!
- Our business is nights, weekends and holidays and our Managers know that is our niche'.
LEGAL MAKES US SAY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member will regularly be required to:
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
- Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Read and write handwritten notes.
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
OK, now that "Legal" is over, how could you not want to work here!
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.