This is a temporary position to cover an employee while on maternity leave. Serves as the primary receptionist from 8am-5pm to greet all visitors, including vendors, clients, job candidates, and customers to the organization in a professional and friendly manner. Ensures completion of paperwork sign in and security procedures by guests. Answers and screens phone calls in a pleasant and courteous tone; routes phone calls to appropriate personnel when appropriate.
Under direct supervision performs a variety of routine reception, administrative, and office support functions to maintain an efficient office environment; performs other related duties as required. Handles special administrative projects, as well as overflow work from Office Manager.
- Communication/Customer Service - Needs to be punctual and dependable to cover the front desk from 8-t5. Acting as office receptionist greeting, signing in, offering refreshments and/or snacks, and escorting visitors; answers, screens, and routes telephone calls; conveys information both orally and in writing; keeps office area clean and orderly.
- Recordkeeping - Responsible for assisting with maintaining office filing and recordkeeping systems; scans, photocopies, enters, edits, and retreives data.
- Document Preparation - Produces letters, memos, spreadsheets, and agendas from straight copy, rough draft, or oral instructions; completes forms, requisitions, and other documents; submits print requests; prepares pamphlets, flyers.
- Staff Support - Assists Executives with travel arrangements and expense reports; assists with ordering and setting up company staff and client meeting meals; maintains inventory of office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements, placing orders as necessary, and stocking items; operates standard office equipment; maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation; sorts, distributes, and reditrects mail.
- Manufacturing Support - Assists with new hires, lab coats, locker assisgments and card key system.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent experience
Preferred: B.A. in Business Admin or relevant field
Required: Previous office experience may be requested, but this can also be an entry level position
Preferred: 2+ years in professional office setting in administrative position
- Standard typing/keyboarding layouts and formats
- Business English (including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary)
- Word processing and computer equipment used in the production of letters, reports, documents, and correspondence
- Alphabetic, numeric, subject, and chronological indexing and filing rules and systems
- Arithmatic and business math
- Modern clerical, office, and record keeping procedures
- Telephone, office, and online etiquette
- Current Microsoft Office Suite
Skills and Abilites to:
- Retreive, store and purge information in a wide variety of filing systems
- Sort and classify information
- Compile, check, and verify data and information for accuracy and completeness
- Update and maintain records, logs, rosters, and registers
- Read, understand and follow oral and written instructions and procedures
- Complete work in proper sequence
- Sort and route incoming/outgoing mail
- Read simple charts, schedules, and tables
- Receive and assist callers, obtain and transmit information, handle complaints
- Type with speed and accuracy
- Proofread information for conformance with standard typing/keyboarding layouts, identify typographical errors, and correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and word usage
- Operate modern office equipment including but not limited to computers, printers, scanners, and copiers
- Establish effective working relationships with management, employees, employee representatives, and the public representing diverse cultures and backgrounds
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.