Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco (“Habitat”) provides local families with a springboard to secure, stable futures through affordable homeownership and neighborhood revitalization. In 2012, Habitat launched a ReStore, a retail business that sells new and used home improvement and construction materials, appliances, tools and furniture to the general public. The profits from the store support homes we build in our region.
We are a fun and hardworking group. Every day is different and we have a close-knit, flexible team that supports each other enthusiastically and without hesitation.
The Ideal candidate
You are an enthusiastic, creative go-getter with a deep understanding of successful recruitment strategies to attract top talent. Habitat team members share the following characteristics:
- A “go above and beyond” attitude.
• You thrive on constructive feedback and have a high level of integrity.
• You do what you say you will do.
• You are a creative problem solver that works across teams.
• You love results and hate excuses.
- Partner closely with GM and AMRT to ensure smooth processing of in-bound donations onto sales floor within 24 hours of receipt (48 hours for large appliances)
- Role models superior customer service and satisfaction, investigates and resolves problems involving customer complaints
- Enforces Standard Operating Procedures, Company and Store policies, including but not limited to safety, security, cash handling, employee purchasing policies and procedures
- Help foster a collaborative environment in which diverse backgrounds are respected and valued
- Identify daily tasks and special projects
- Hire, train, manage and motivate employees /volunteers to achieve financial targets and daily tasks
- Manage pricing, promotions, sales floor-layout, visual merchandising and inventory for turnover
- Maintain safety, cleanliness and security for areas of responsibility
- Maintains awareness of changing consumer needs, competition, product knowledge, visual merchandising, store layout and market pricing
- Partner with GM and AMRT to hire and train staff; hold team members accountable for performance, SOP’s and policies
- Assist with cashiering, moving & loading, floor layout design, stocking products and more when needed
- Develop fundamental understanding of all other store job functions (in Receiving & Warehouse)
- Partner with Assistant Manager, Receiving & Transportation (AMRT) and General Manager (GM) to create quarterly budgets
- Meet sales and net income goals set forth in budgets; track data to analyze and assist in business decisions
- Set performance goals for each employee and monitor performance results monthly
- Share opening and closing of ReStore with GM
- Daily sales and cash register reconciliation; report anomalies to affiliate Finance and GM as they occur
- Partner with GM and others on store signage, social media posting, promos and general communications needs
- Provide reports as needed
Measures of Success
Meet or exceed financial goals of budget: Revenue, Net Income, Payroll Expenses
- Maintain effective base of volunteers: Scores 9-10 on NPS
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience in retail or hospitality; retail store management experience a plus
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, positive, enthusiastic and open-minded individual who enjoys working with people
- Enjoy customer service
- Reliable and able to work a flexible retail schedule including weekends
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift at least 25 pounds
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment, with attention to details
- Experience in operating a forklift not required but desired
- Microsoft office suite Word, Outlook and Excel a plus
Works in store and warehouse environment even during inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level will be loud at times.
Physical requirements include being able to sit, walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina, and the ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds, go up and down stairs, and endure the full work day on their feet. Must be able to frequently communicate in English (verbal), working as part of a team and supporting staff and volunteers.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation range: 48-53,000 annually, depending on experience. This part-time position offers 3 days of sick leave, prorated vacation days (up to 20 per year), 403b retirement account and other benefits.
To apply, please submit a resume online at https://hgsf.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=62 .To view any additional openings, please visit us at https://www.habitatgsf.org/about/careers.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
EEO: Habitat Greater San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer. Habitat Greater San Francisco strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. * Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. * Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco receives federal funds through Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity Program (SHOP) and is required by federal law, to the greatest extent possible, to provide job training and employment opportunities to Section 3 residents.* Section 3 residents are defined as public housing residents or low-income persons who live in metropolitan area or non-metropolitan counties where HUD-assisted projects are located.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.