Reporting directly to the President, the Executive Assistant provides executive and event support in both a one-on-one working relationship with the University President and to PAU’s Board of Trustees. The Executive Assistant will provide advanced, diversified administrative support of a substantial and confidential nature to both parties. They will independently and proactively solve problems, handle issues, and execute events without specific instructions or prescribed procedures, and with delegated authority to exercise discretion and judgment regarding matters of significance on behalf of the President and the Board.
• Compile, organize, and disseminate agendas for each meeting of the Board of Trustees in coordination with the President, Chair of the Board of Trustees, and various individual Board committee chairs.
• Record and store detailed, confidential minutes for all meetings of the Board of Trustees.
• Maintain ownership over PAU’s Board Portal, including updates, new resources, and current events schedule.
• Independently plan, oversee, and coordinate details and logistics for events, meetings, and conferences as needed by the President's Office.
• Provide information to the Board of Trustees as needed and represent the President's Office or Board of Trustees in various university meetings.
• Compose correspondence; develop, review and edit presentations and documentation; independently research and analyze associated issues and/or compile materials needed for presentation and/or decision making purposes.
• Oversee and/or manage multiple projects; anticipate and track critical dates, events and organizational issues for the Board; follow up with appropriate parties to ensure deadlines are met.
• Direct staff to perform various tasks and assignments.
• May also supervise staff as needed. Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• 5 years of progressive experience in administrative/executive support; board professional experience preferred • Previous event management experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work with those of diverse cultures and backgrounds
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel (pivot tables), and PowerPoint), GMail and GSuite (Docs, Sheets (pivot tables), Sites, Groups), Adobe Acrobat, DocuSign, and Zoom
• Valid CA Driver’s license and reliable form of transportation
• Excellent attendance and punctuality, collegial and diplomatic behavior at work, and work performance to the satisfaction of management are essential functions of the position.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.