Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, the Marketing Manager will play a critical role in advancing understanding and appreciation of the mission, priorities and goals of Palo Alto University by developing and implementing a broad range marketing initiatives and activities that promote the PAU brand, value proposition, academic offerings, and that generate greater visibility among prospective students.
• Manage marketing plans and programs across a variety of channels in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and vendor partners.
• Manage brand strategy and messaging consistency across all mediums.
• Oversee website redesign; manage content strategy and optimize web pages for search (SEO). Develop website content updates to increase viewer engagement
• Manage digital presence and social media accounts • Produce print and digital marketing assets (collateral, advertising, videos, direct mail, etc.)
• Provide marketing strategy and support for events, conferences, sponsorships.
• Oversee design and production of marketing materials
• Collaborate with partners, including Enrollment Services, to meet marketing and recruitment goals
• Develop and coordinate digital and print advertising plan and manage vendor relationships.
• Build and manage partnerships with internal groups to deepen engagement with internal audiences and ensure alignment with brand and content strategy.
• Develop and utilize tools to measure program success and make recommendations to maximize results.
• Keep up to date on new marketing tools, technologies, and social media outlets
• Excellent attendance and punctuality, collegial and diplomatic behavior at work, and work performance to the satisfaction of management are essential functions of the position.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. 5+ years of demonstrated success in developing and executing strategic marketing plans.
3. Excellent, communication, and interpersonal skills.
4. Strong written communication and copy development and editing skills, with experience in writing for print, web, email, and digital media.
5. Brand management experience; ability to articulate messages clearly and in a compelling way
6. Experience developing content for websites, social media, print and digital assets
7. Expert project management skills and self-starter who can work independently
8. Ability to track, prioritize, and meet deadlines while carrying out and overseeing multiple projects simultaneously and maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
9. Desktop publishing experience with ability to use related software, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; strong general computer skills.
10. Ability to evaluate marketing research and interpret analytics and data in order to build or adapt communications strategies around such findings.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.